Every ninety to 120 minutes our body needs to rest and revitalize. You can tell when this is happening because you may suddenly feel down, experience a loss of energy or find yourself day dreaming.
When this happens it’s easy to misunderstand what our body actually needs and turn to sugary food or a caffeinated beverage. There’s a natural way we can give ourselves an energy boost.
Ways to give our body what it really needs:
- If you can, take a short break, close your eyes and gently cup your hands over them.
- Take a few moments to go within and pay attention to your body and determine where you feel sore, tight etc.
- Place one of your hands over that spot for several minutes and imagine you are being filled with Reiki’s healing light
- See it protecting and energizing you.
If you have limited time try this instead:
- Place your middle and index fingers in the center of your chest between your throat center and heart center for thirty seconds to a minute.
- Gently tap this area twenty to Thirty times while breathing in and out deeply.
When you do this it stimulates your thymus gland which produces the white blood cells that help boost your immune system and give you more energy, prevent stress and improve your health.
I’ve practiced these techniques myself and have found them to be helpful. The great thing is that you’re working with the energy that’s already there.
Learning how to work with our energy is important because it helps trigger the power we have inside and give our body what it needs.
These simple exercises a form of Reiki, and I believe they are inspired by the fairies as well. Fairies are all about nature and natural ways of keeping ourselves healthy, happy, and energized.